September 2018 Pool Duty: Pool Duty September 2018
October 2018 Pool Duty: Pool Duty October 2018
It is a requirement of both Swim Ireland and CMST that an adult be present (in addition to the Coach) during all of every coaching session. A supervision rota is drawn up each month by the Club Committee. Parents must ensure that they attend for pool duty on time or make alternative arrangements with another parent . For child protection and safety reasons, training sessions cannot take place without an adult on duty as well as the coach. Parents may remain on the pool deck at the shallow end only or in the viewing area upstairs. When on pool duty you should attend a few minutes before the scheduled start time of the session and make yourself known to the coach, you should remain until the end of the coaching session. Where a parent of the designated family cannot attend, a substitute, who must be older than 18 years must be arranged by the parent. Where the adult supervisor fails to turn up, the coach may seek an alternative adult or cancel the session. Pool duty is obligatory for all parents, even those who are parents of swimmers who are over 18 years of age. Sanctions may be imposed where there is a failure by parents to turn up for pool duty.
The duty week includes all sessions whether your child is swimming or not but we will endeavour to facilitate all parents.
Duties include the following:
- Attend to a child’s needs if the child feels ill or has difficulty with goggles etc.
- Assist the coach whenever requested by the coach.
- Do not interfere with the coach’s programme and do not discipline swimmers.
- Count each child training and agree with the coach after the training session.
- Sign the red book along with number of swimmers in session, note any sickness etc also.